Dennis East International is an established importer and wholesaler of giftware and home décor.
Overview of Job Responsibilities
Works within the accounting department by performing daily operational procedures.to include but not limited to Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Customer Service/General Office
- Accounts Receivable: Works to establish credit status of new customers by obtaining credit references and obtaining their credit history. Processes credit card payments daily by obtaining credit card information from customers, entering information in credit card charging program, and posting payments to customers’ accounts. Responsible for all aspects of collection and processing open receivable balances. Process credit memos as needed. Researches payment discrepancies. Makes collection calls, and contacts customers regarding past due accounts. Works with Controller to send delinquent accounts to collection.
- Accounts Payable: As needed, be backup to Accounts Payable function included coding and entering payables as necessary. Assist with issuing checks as needed.
- Special Projects: As determined and assigned by Controller.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills
- Must be detail-oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Accuracy working with numbers
- Solid computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of SAGE Software or similar ERP Accounting System a plus.
- Must possess good telephone etiquette and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic and team player
- Ability to work well under pressure, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life, AD&D and Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacations, Sick Time and Holidays
- Employee Discount
DEI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please include cover letter and resume when applying to email@example.com