Order Entry Specialist
Dennis East International is an importer and wholesaler of giftware and home décor products. We are seeking a strong contributor who is excited about being part of a demanding, successful, rewarding team environment. The ideal candidate will be able to function effectively with limited oversight along with a desire to expand his or her skill set and experience. The Order Entry Coordinator position requires an advanced understanding of Microsoft programs especially Excel, excellent communication skills both oral and written, as well as superior Alpha and numeric data entry skills with strong attention to detail.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Problem solve within the data base and communicate the issues to be resolved as a team
- Process and manage sales orders and follow through to completion
- Answer incoming emails/call from sales managers, customers and assist with questions or issues
- General clerical work- filing, processing mail through mail meter
- Ability to Multitask and thrive in a fast pace environment
- Proficient in excel
- Willing to learn new techniques and once learned, able to improve the process
- Accurately enters alphabetic and numeric information from purchase orders into SAGE
- Precisely process order changes or cancellations and document in customers account
- Email, phone and personal interaction with Customer Service Representatives, Sales, Sales Agents and customers on order issues that require resolution.
- Perform self-audits of all orders entered in SAGE daily to achieve 100% order entry accuracy.
- Complete a PO check at the end of each business day in Xtrovert to ensure orders were processed.
- Process customer orders with DEI special Sales promotions.
- Working knowledge of DEI product to assist with order entry decision making.
- Enters, updates and verifies data into various systems for use by all personnel.
- Reviews and verifies data entered into database to ensure accuracy.
- Tracks documents received and completion dates.
- Aids technical staff to resolve computer and software problems.
- Runs and distributes reports.
- Creates back up files for all data.
- Ability to take a complex problem and clearly communicate the issue both oral and written.
- Ownership and management of orders inbox that includes new orders, change orders, and cancellations.
- Retrieve and process customer purchase orders from the order inbox throughout the day to meet daily order entry goals and deadlines.
- Performing other work as directed and assigned by the Order Entry Manager
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor or Associate Degree preferred OR direct relevant experience required.
- Previous SAGE or other ERP applications experience.
- Experience with customer purchase order entry/order processing.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently with little management supervision.
- Extremely reliable, conscientious and career minded.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
- Thinks out-of-the box to find creative solutions and workarounds for order issues.
- Must exercise strong judgment and decision making about orders.
- Ability to take ownership of assigned tasks.
- Must be detail oriented paying close attention to details.
- Must possess good time-management and organizational skills to handle several issues at a time.
- Willing to work overtime hours when needed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively work within a team environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel) and other computer applications (Windows OS, Outlook, Internet Explorer).
Supervisory Responsibility -
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other data entry operators.
Work Environment -
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and scanners.
Physical Demands -
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work -
This is a full-time exempt position (40 – 45 hours). Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, hours may vary from 7am to 4pm to 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
No travel is expected for this position.
Please include a cover letter and resume when applying to firstname.lastname@example.org